Sunday, April 15, 2012

Festival Fever Warm Up: Feather Earrings

I LOVE FEATHER EARRINGS!


I just had to get that out there....it probably explains why I have been wondering about making my own for a while.  I wanted something really bright and colour clashing...something that wouldn't be out of place in a festival, or concert, or on a date or something.

Summer 2012



In the Summer I am going to a Spanish music festival; and I think I can safely say....I'll be rocking these bad boys!

So how did I make them?

I used: some coloured twine, a set of drop earrings, 4 beads, 4 feathers, some metal clasps (don't know the fancy name) and some pliers (and possibly a little bit of boyfriend muscle!)

Process:


1. I attached the grips to the top of the feathers using the pliers.
2. I used about 15cm of twine per earring. This was too much, but allowed me to make mistakes.
I looped the twine around the drop earring hoop. This is good as you can adjust the lengths as you like them.
3. I then put a bead on the twine, before looping it through the feather clasp.

4. I threaded the twine back through the bead before tying two knots to keep it in place.

Final: I then fiddled around with the lengths to see what I liked, before repeating all of the steps to have a pair of earrings.

Cheap, easy and fun.  (Just make sure your grips fit your feathers...I had to do some trimming which was too much of a fuss really!)

R xx

SHARE:

10 comments

Sue said...

Very cute! I must try this!

Jordan said...

Wow I never thought I could rock feather earrings, but I might try if I make them myself. Very cool!

Courtney B said...

Pretty earrings!! Love 'em.

Lish @ Imprintalish said...

These are adorable!!! Makes me wish I could wear earrings!

Coughingtree said...

Those r hecka cute!!! I love feather earrings. I need to wear mine more

Anonymous said...

I will absolutely be trying this! What a fabulous idea! :)

Danielle @ Healing the Heaviness

Rosie said...

Thank you so much for your awesome comments guys. I had hoped to reply to y'all by email - but some of ya are 'no reply' bloggers. Check your settings - it's much nicer to send a proper email back!

Much love to you though - I appreciate every last syllable.

R xx

Anonymous said...

So cute!

Check out the award I just nominated you for!
http://www.vintagemauve.com/2012/04/17/versatile-blogger-award/

Lisa Fliehman said...

Hope you have fun at the festival and love the tutorial!!

Claire @ Gemini Nutrition said...

Thank you for linking up this lovely project!!!
This week’s linky party is up, i would love you to stop by and link up another fabulous project....
http://polkadot-pretties.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/you-inspire-linky-party_21.html
Claire x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig