Where I work, we don't do Secret Santa, which is great as I hate 'novelty' gifts from people who not know me very well. Most of the time I end up with a mug. Seriously. I am not sure if this is the message I scream out to people, but there you are. Apparently, I'm a mug person.
So in the absence of Secret Santa, there is a bit of a void. I've been at my current school for 15 months. It may have been creepy for me to rock up with gifts for the other 3 members of the English Department last year, but there have already been hints that at least one is splashing out on a little gift for us all.
I decided to make some personal printables for them, using quotations from their favourite authors. Well almost, one of them wrote the book I got the quote from, so I hope they like seeing their words in print. If not - um sorry, Anna!
So if you want a quick teacher gift, get your child to stalk them a bit and find out their favourite novel OR just find a quote about inspirational teaching or something.
I used PicMonkey to knock up the printables. It was great fun too - mainly because it signals how close I am to finishing school for the year! Whoop!
What is the weirdest Secret Santa gift you've received? What do you do about colleague gifts?
I'd love to hear from you.
3 comments
We did a white elephant when I worked at Goodwill and the only stipulation was that the gifts had to come from the store. I wound up with shower gel and coloring books, but that's a win in my book :) Yay for being close to the end of the school year!
I love posting these in my cubicle :)
Super cool! I also love(d) PicMonkey, but now not everything is free anymore! You get a free trail and after I assume you have to start paying.... Do you have experience with this?
Post a Comment