Today I am sharing with you how to make a simple, lined book bag for a pink-loving little gal. If you want to know how to make the little purse you can catch part one of the tutorial here.
Just like last weekend, I put pen to paper to draw the tutorial. Hopefully you can read my writing! If you are having problems, drop me a comment and I'll decipher my scrawl for you. I tried to use my best writing, promise! Feel free to play with the dimensions - I used fabric that was leftover from my other projects, so made do with this size for only that reason!
I used a quilting fabric and then something a bit thicker for the lining.
Once you have spent some time poking the handles through you might need some chocolate or a tea break!
You don't have to stitch the handles; I just think it looks neater.
Sew over the handles a few times to strengthen the join.
Sew around the three sides, using a 1cm seam allowance.
Make sure you leave the end of the lining open. This is how you will turn the bag inside out. I made the seam allowance for the inside 1.5cm to make the linking slightly smaller than the bag.
I wrapped up this little gift today and took it along to give to my friend's little girl. She had an awesome little bowling party. Besides losing at bowling to a bunch of 5 year olds, it stoked my baby fever. I admit to a few day-dreams of what I might make my kids for their birthdays. Whatever I make, if it's a little girl, I'll definitely be wrapping it up a bit like this:
I love card-stock, card toppers, brown paper and paper doily supplies!
I also love that those of you with kids are admiring my optimism for a handmade, hand-wrapped anything with little ones around. I can dream right?
How was your Sunday?
5 comments
This is a fun little bag! I think we know how I feel about pink, but I'd love to make this for a little girl in a different color!
Super cute! Did you also make the drawings?
Little girls or big girls, we're basically the same ;-) What a darling gift!
xo
adorable! love it :)
I love how cute this turned out. And am totally laughing at you comment about a cute handmade gift with little ones running around! It may prove to be quite the challenge ;)
Post a Comment