I saw a bracelet recently, just like this, but it was nearly £10 to buy. My version will set you back about £5 if you have to buy the glue and less than £2 if you already have it!
You will need:
{cord, all purpose glue, and those acorn style bracelet endings}
To make the bracelet, you need to cut two lengths of the cord and tie a reef knot in it. Make sure the lengths are a lot longer than you need to go around your wrist. To learn how to tie a reef knot, use this useful tutorial.
With my glue I had to let it 'go off' a bit before I could attach the cord, so I put a lot of the glue in each end of the acorn while I fiddled around with learning the knot I wanted.
Remember to take into consideration the length of the bracelet chain. I glued on end of the cord into one end of the acorn first, before measuring it across my wrist. I chopped the cord to make sure it would fit. Squash it down for a while before leaving both parts to dry.
The cord has a habit of fraying. If I did it again I would tape the ends before sticking it in.
I think this will look lovely with my striped t-shirt and chino combo. What would you wear it with?
3 comments
Oh I always love the nautical items!
I love this! So simple and looks awesome! ~Stephanie
So cute! The nautical theme is so in - it never really goes out of style =)
xo
Post a Comment