There are many ways I wanted to announce my engagement to my lovely blogging friends, but I haven't been able to settle on one. So there you have it - that's my big announcement. My lovely (now) fiancé decided to pop the question. I am sure you can imagine I am exhilarated. I am also being quite protective of the moment. Not just here in 'real life' too.
I had often joked with my real-life besties that when someone finally proposed to me that I would wander around the streets screaming 'I'm not going to die alone!'. I know, pretty flippant right? I certainly promised to share every moment with them while I proudly paraded my newly 'blinged-up' hand around at every opportunity.
I surprised myself with my reticence to share the information. Yes, I immediately sent texts to a certain bunch to share the news, but when it came to 'telling the story' my reaction was to hug it to my chest and share a minimum of information. This was usually followed by people asking me if I was 'excited', perhaps reading my reservation as regret.
I have never been more excited in my life. My heart has been beaming since it all happened. Even so, I am quite content to keep the moment to myself. You guys will have to put up with what all of my other friends have:
He proposed in Budapest, while we were having coffee here:
While we were looking at this:
And this is what the rest of the building looks like (it's the Fisherman's Bastion):
It wasn't his original plan, but the weather was not on our side.
There is no picture of a ring as we are choosing it together when I see him next in July. There isn't really a picture of the grinning loons we turned into after either as we looked like we'd been living in a damp park for the last week.
There is no fixed date yet. But there is already a massive list of things I wish to craft; a gigantic spread sheet and lots of dress shops appointments made. It might explain why I haven't written about Budapest yet...I may have been distracted!
I will write about my trip for you though - Budapest is a fascinating place. Providing I don't get too distracted by wedding blogs over the weekend, you'll hear all about it soon.
(Eek! I'm getting married!!!)
I'll write soon....promise!
No comments
Post a Comment