May - Wall Art Challenge
1st - PJ with her cool 'Keep Calm and Quilt' sign (a storming victory AGAIN!)
2nd - Anja with her DIY flower lamp
3rd - Me with my Alphabet art for a nursery
You can find the links to these projects here.
So now onto my project - be prepared for a crafty take on the 'mix tape'. Before we go any further, however, I should probably explain that A and I have never lived in the same country. We've been on the long distance journey for nearly 3 years now and keeping connected has always been a great sense of creativity for both of us, from talking via Skype, to making little posters, cards or gifts to say hi, or to cheer the other one up. I wanted to send a very personal message to commemorate our engagement. So I created a card, a mix CD and will be sending it off in the post very, very soon.
If you have a special date you want to remember than this is a really easy and fun project to do.
Firstly gather together your materials: card, paper (I used a map of Budapest!), glue, double-sided tape, a CD, scissors, paper knife, nice pens/stamps.
If you have a special date you want to remember than this is a really easy and fun project to do.
Firstly gather together your materials: card, paper (I used a map of Budapest!), glue, double-sided tape, a CD, scissors, paper knife, nice pens/stamps.
1. I drew gigantic numbers on the front of the card (the date he proposed) and cut them out with a paper knife. I then added the rest of the date in fine liner underneath. I cut out a square of the map to stick behind the numbers, making sure I included the place where he popped the question.
2. To cover the inside over (as the back of the map had hideous adverts on) I cut out a piece of scrap card the same size as my gift card. I then flipped it around before sticking it onto the inside flap covering the horrible map. I positioned it so I could make flaps to make the card experience more interactive.
2. To cover the inside over (as the back of the map had hideous adverts on) I cut out a piece of scrap card the same size as my gift card. I then flipped it around before sticking it onto the inside flap covering the horrible map. I positioned it so I could make flaps to make the card experience more interactive.
3. Using my laptop I gathered together songs which contained suitably well-thought-out lyrics to express my deliciously soppy feelings for him. While the CD was burning, I used my mini alphabet stamps to print the names of the tracks on the back of the card.
4. I then grabbed some card stock and made a CD flap, including a map feature which showed where we had a nice date stalking wombats in Budapest zoo (yep, you read that correctly). I used double-sided tape to create the space for the CD before sliding it in.
4. I then grabbed some card stock and made a CD flap, including a map feature which showed where we had a nice date stalking wombats in Budapest zoo (yep, you read that correctly). I used double-sided tape to create the space for the CD before sliding it in.
5. I then wrote my note, created a little paper heart and used this (and double-sided tape) to seal the message. This bit is completely private folks - as where's the romance in sharing just about everything?
You are now the proud owner of a little piece of traditional romance....a snail mail CD and love letter combination. If you have more time you can even decorate the envelope.
I hope you like my romantic project and are inspired to share the love a little bit this week. Remember you can link up your own romantic projects in two week's time.
No comments
Post a Comment