August Craft Challenge Results:
1st: Anja's garden chandelier
2nd: PJ's gnome sign
3rd: Rosie's weather mobile
I saw the chandelier in real life over the summer - and I think I would have voted for it too! The following ruffled heart craft is simple enough for me to want to make multiple versions to be displayed at my wedding - although I think I will pick a darker blue or a patterned version for the final 'draft'.
To make the ruffled heart you need: a paper mache heart form or flat cardboard shape, tissue paper with complimentary coloured paint, glue or double sided tape, scissors and a pen.
1. As I only intended to ruffle one side, I painted the whole heart in a colour that matched the paper.
2. I drew a scalloped shape across the top of the folded tissue paper making a longer garland. Then I cut it out.
3. Once unravelled I positioned the paper across the heart starting at the bottom. I used double sided tape to attach the paper to the heart form.
4. Alternate the scallops to create a ruffled effect. As you get closer to the top the top edge of the paper needs to get slightly narrower.
5. Trim the sides to get a uniform edge. Hang....and enjoy...simples!
The next time I make this, I am going to try it on a flat heart shape - I think these might be easier to hang and a great alternative if you do not have access to a Paper Mache shape.
Remember that you too can share your paper craft this month, on the last Monday. You'll be pleased to know that I am now back in the UK and well underway with my next bunting sewing marathon. Let's hope I end up with more than 7 metres this time - only another 53 to go....wahhhhhh. Wish me luck!
Remember that you too can share your paper craft this month, on the last Monday. You'll be pleased to know that I am now back in the UK and well underway with my next bunting sewing marathon. Let's hope I end up with more than 7 metres this time - only another 53 to go....wahhhhhh. Wish me luck!
No comments
Post a Comment