I'm so excited to be part of this awesome Craftbotic party extravaganza! Today, I'm going to share with you how to make a dollar store cupcake stand.
Supplies:
- Dollar store pillar candle plate
- Dollar store taper candle holder
- Martha Stewart paint (and a paint brush, of course)
- E-6000 Adhesive
Step One:
Gather your dollar store supplies.
Step Two:
Clean the pieces with rubbing alcohol.
Step Three:
Paint your pieces with Martha Stewart's new paint from Michaels. (The paint comes in so many yummy colors, and it's great for many different surfaces.) I used several coats of the pearl paint, followed by a coat of the glitter paint in a matching color.
Step Four:
Bake your glass pieces. You read that right! You must bake the pieces in order for the paint to fully adhere to the glass. (That or wait 21 days, and, seriously, who wants to wait that long for paint to dry?!) I found directions on the Martha Stewart website in the comment section for baking the paint:
"After drying for one hour, place in cool oven. Set temperature at 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 30 minutes. (Glass must heat gradually.) After 30 minutes, turn the oven off. Let glass cool completely in oven. Don't use for 72 hours."
Step Five:
Glue the candle stick to the bottom of the candle plate using E-6000. Follow the directions on the package.
Step Six:
Enjoy your brand new cupcake stand!
I didn't have a cupcake when I got ready to take my pictures, so I used a flower instead. The great thing about this project is that you can use the cupcake stand as a candle holder. Or you can stack finger food on it. It's a very versatile party (or everyday) piece!
I love the color.
I love the pearly look of the paint too.
Can you believe that this only cost $2 plus supplies? For that price, you can make as many as you want in every shade of Martha Stewart pearly paint in existence! If you like this project, I hope you will stop by my blog and check out my other projects!










6 comments
Thanks so much for featuring me! :)
Love this post! I am going to check her out :) Of course I will follow this new blog too!
xoxo
You are very welcome, Bethany and really good to see you, Meghan. X
Congrats on your new blog! I'm looking forward to seeing all the creativity. Found you through Pitter and Glink (isn't she awesome?) Following you via GFC.
Congrats! I came over from your feature on Pitter and Glink! Bethany is the best! I'm a new follower! Come over to The SweetTalk Shop anytime. Would love to have you!
Hi Danni and Lisa - welcome to the party! Thank you so much for following along. I am popping over to see your blog right now!
Post a Comment