This month's topic - crafting something for the outside - should be totally up my alley. Turns out, it would be. If I had more time. So instead of all those awesome projects that I could have done (and that my garden might actually deserve) I opted for a small, cheap project for which I didn't need to buy new supplies because you can find them in your regular craft stash: a mini garden chandelier.
You need one of those metal hoops used for wreath-making, beads, string, crafting wire, and a little lantern with a handle (without the handle, it is going to be a bit more difficult).
First of all, you have to create two wire crossbeams which enable you to just slip the chandelier onto the lantern.
Then I made several loops out of wire to which I could easily attach whatever beads I wanted to attach. Of course, you could skip that step and tie them directly to the big hoop, but then they could slip. Mine were about 2 1/2 inch apart.
Now it's time for your imagination. String up beads and attach them to the little loops. I started like this:
Then I attached longer elements. Here's how I created them (of course you can make them as long as you like):
After a little bit more time that I had hoped I was finally done. I put it up in a tree in our garden and we had a nice dinner underneath it.
Of course, there are lots of ways to add more bling to the mini chandelier, by using crystals or adding a second layer (with a smaller hoop). But for me, this is just right.
I hope you enjoyed this sparkly project. Next week, it's time for your own outdoor projects. I can't wait to see what you have created!
I enjoyed this project very much and had seen those metal circle things in the craft shop and wanted to make something with them - just not quite got there yet. I am motivated to buy some when the store reopens this week. Watch this space....








No comments
Post a Comment