Well, do you remember when I said last week that I would have more than one post......? Well, it transpires that a whole 7 days passed, many of which with me prostrate on my coach suffering with some infection, barely able to sit up long enough to go to German school or do my homework. Are you welling up with the injustice of it all yet? No...well I wouldn't be either, but I promise that I was ill and really wanted to write more, but just didn't. I'm ashamed to say that the wedding moved nil cm forward either so there is nothing to report even on this rare occasion when I get fingers to keyboard to write to y'all. (The y'all is in honour of Anja's return from the USA and my USA buddy, PJ who is sharing her outdoors project today - seamless link, non?)
Here she is with a great sign project, involving one adorable niece. Collective "ahhhhhhhh":
Good Morning friends! It's my turn to share an outdoor project.I completed two projects for this challenge, but this one is my favorite.
See, I don't have a garden, but I do have these little beds that were here when we moved in. Someone has done a great job creating and maintaining them, but it wasn't me!
I started with a 12x12 piece of wood that I picked up from JoAnn fabrics, with a coupon!
Hurray coupons!
I was worried about fading, cracking and peeling so I bought Outdoor Acrylic paint by Plaid.
I coated the entire board with three coats of white paint.
Am I the last person on the internet still using a Cricut? It seems like everyone has gone over to the Silhouette team.
I picked out a fun font and cut out the message I wanted on my sign.
I also cut out this super cute little gnome graphic I found on Pinterest.
My niece spent the night and the two of us traced all of the letters. She's a lefty, I'm a righty and we worked perfectly together.
All traced out, just waiting for paint!Some of the letters came out a little wonky because my 11 year old niece doesn't have the steadiest hand yet, but personally I think that makes it all the more special!
I hope a gnome or two shows up!
Have you made anything for outside yet this month? Remember you can link up your crafts with us at the end of the month!
How lovely to spend time with your family and craft. My family would rather not craft with me (yep I'm still having a pity party over here!), but I'm not going to begrudge PJ this young lady's awesome help. All but one of my friends (totally scared of Gnomes) would display this in their garden. If you saw last week's post, you would know that I too have no garden and lieder no reason to make such a great gnomey sign. I DO however have a wedding to craft for and five pieces of freshly painted wood all ready for my next project. They have been painted and ready for two weeks now....so you may not see them soon. But I promise you will see them when I can find the energy after school to craft again.
How do you guys beat the blogging/crafting/blogging slump?
No comments
Post a Comment